Program: Super Mario Land 6 (Super Mario Level) Author: Andy Kay E-mail: andrewrocks2003@yahoo.com Version: v1.1 System: TI-83+, TI-84+ ------------------------------------------------ I DESCRIPTION: The 6th part of the Super Mario Land series! After Luigi saved Mario, Mario must now continue onward to save Peach. Maneuver invisible blocks in the Black Cavern, travel through water, snow, and trees in Mint Lake, dodge spirits in the Haunted Tunnel, and then take a tour of the inside of a Gameboy! If you like it, write a review for it. As always in this series, each level is exactly 128 columns in width, with new obstacles and challenges along the way! ------------------------------------------------ II INSTALLATION: 1) Have Super Mario 1.2 or 2.0, and the proper shell(s) to run it. 2) Depending on the Super Mario version you have, send smland6 v2.0.8xp for version 2.0, or smland6 v1.2.8xp for version 1.2. It is highly recommended that you do NOT send the wrong version to your calculator, or there may be glitches. 3) Run Super Mario and choose The Super Mario Land VI. ------------------------------------------------ III STORY Luigi has saved Mario from castle #5. But Princess Peach is still nowhere around, so they must now go to to Bowser's 6th castle as they continue their search. ------------------------------------------------ IV GAME HELP ZONE 1: Brick Plateau Level Type: Giant Block/Box This level is mad up of the giant blocks, with lots of little boxes stacked in top of them. It also has many, many koopas. Just remember to time your jumps carefully, and watch where you knock their shells. ZONE 2: Black Cavern Level Type: Dark Dungeon This level basically teaches you about the art of invisible walls. Invisible walls, blocks, and platforms are all over the place. A major hint bout this level is that there will always be some type of invisible barrier under the white blocks, some of which can be seen at the top of the screen when you start. You can also watch enemy movements. If one suddenly turns around, there's a barrier that they bumped into. Shortly after the start, there are some walls that create an S passageway, where you must jump up, left, and then up and right. After that are goombas that fall off invisible blocks. When you squash them, make sure you have enough room to jump. At the part with the spikes, fireballs, and white blocks, there are invisible blocks just above the spikes, directly under the white blocks. Most of the fireballs won't jump high enough to hurt you. Soon, you'll see a spike under NO white block. That means there is NO invisible block underneath. Beware that spike. After those are three white blocks. There's a platform underneath. Use it to jump to another invisible platform, with a koopa and powerup. Next are thwomps, which, thanks to more invisible blocks, cannot hurt you! Continue to another invisible block, which you can jump to a visible platform for another powerup. After that is the finish bar. But wait! There's a white block at the top. Jump onto an invisible box to access a hidden area with an extra life! ZONE 3: Dry Dry Desert Level Type: Desert At last, a desert environment! The only enemies here are piranhas. There's an extra life at the start. If you are still Fire Mario, your life here will be made much easier, since all the piranhas can be killed. If not, you'll have to jump, duck, and weave through the piranhas, especially at the end. ZONE 4: Mint Lake Level Type: Shallow Water/Snow/Forest This level is a nice mix of three environments: Shallow Water, Snow, and Forest. Just remember that navigation will quickly change from Snow to Normal and back, especially in 2.0. Take your time. There are three frozen pipes in the middle of the level, a reference to the 5-4 zone Snow Land. You can also jump through the snow past the Finish Bar to get 15 more coins. ZONE 5: Haunted Tunnel Level Type: Cave NOTE: this level will be much easier when played in Mario 2.0. This level mainly focuses on ducking to avoid enemies, which cannot be done in Mario 1.2. This level is possible with Mario 1.2, but you will be reduced to tiny Mario most of the time. There are many ghosts in this level. You can duck to avoid them. If you're tiny Mario, you can just pass under most of them. Sometimes, you will encounter ghosts that jump up and down. And sometimes, it is wiser to jump while they're at the top rather than the bottom. At the finish bar, there is a tricky little secret area. See the two ghosts at the top? If you hi-jump off one of them and jump to the right, you can go over the high wall there, into a place with some nice stuff. ZONE 6: Bullet Skies Level Type: Bullet You know that a level is going to be hard if you get both a Super Mushroom and an extra life right at the start. When jumping onto a bullet post, try to aim as if you were trying to jump one block higher. This will reduce the likelyhood that a bullet will ram into you when you land. When you reach the area with no ground, and diagonal bullets coming from below, you must hi-jump off of four of them in succession to continue. You'll get the hang of it, I've done it many times. Near the end is an area with lots of bullets coming from three directions. The trick is to hi-jump off bullets until you can get onto one of the guns at the top of the screen. Keep this up until you get to the Finish Bar. ZONE 7: Inside a Gameboy Level Type: Electric You've never seen a zone like this. Inside a Gameboy! The main idea in this level is that sometimes, it is best to NOT use a hi-jump. Examples of this are when you are jumping off a paratroopa with spikes above you (2.0 only). In this level, the striped background is empty space, the brick backgrounds are closed wires, spikes are open wires, and black backgrounds represent familiar Gameboy parts, such as buttons, the control pad, and the cartridge. There are two extra lives at the end, for good reason. ZONE 8: Bowser's Castle Level Type: Dungeon Jump the koopas and goombas at the beginning. Then, there are two areas with invisible blocks. Use the white-block-at-top-means-invisible-block-underneath strategy. Then, there are some blocks from zone 1. The ? box in the lower right is possible to get (jump from the bottom-left box), but it very hard. After that is a part from the Haunted Tunnel, and then, finally, Bowser. Bowser isn't too hard ------------------------------------------------ VI FAQ Q: How do I do a high jump? A: Simply hold down 2nd when jumping off of an enemy or music note. Q: There's an area I can't access. Why? A: Almost all areas can be accessed. Some are only small enough for tiny Mario, so beginners will still be able to recover from being shrunk. Q: It won't recognize the level. A: Like all SM levels, try archiving it, or unarchiving it. ------------------------------------------------ VII Useless Info I have played this levelset as well, and have beaten it many times, so if questions or comments, e-mail me (my address is at the top). Special Thanks to: My friends at school, who also helped in testing (You know who you are) Death Box, for aiding me in file conversion and zipping