Diortem v.0.09 Programmed by Kévin Ouellet alias Dream of Omnimaga 2005, Epic Programming Studio http://djomnimaga.music-2000.com/ ===== INTRO ===== Diortem is a never finished project I used to work on a while ago. It's actually an early attempt at a Metroid clone, but it's a bit different. Your main character isn’t Samus and your abilities are different. The engine is fully complete and runs pretty fast for BASIC, the only missing thing is more maps, more enemies (working ones), a story and another boss. However, since I lost interest in working on this, instead of just throwing the thing away, I decided to release it as it is right now, and I hope that even if it's relatively short, I hope you'll enjoy it for the time it lasts! ========== INSTALLING ========== Read carefully this section. The game needs 40 KB of archive and at least 20 KB of RAM before installation. I included an Omnicalc doc with the Omnicalc zip file if you need help getting Omnicalc to your calc. 1) Send omnicalc to your calc 2) Send all the files from the archive folder to your archive memory 3) Send the file from the RAM folder to the RAM 4) Don't forget to install omnicalc (from the omnicalc app) 5) run prgmA to play the game ===== STORY ===== There is no story in this demo. Just climb the cliff to the left and go inside the hole behind it to get your first, last and only weapon, then head to the east of your ship and try to get your way to Kraid nest (yes! that big monster is in the game!!!), and beat him. After you beat him you must escape! ======== CONTROLS ======== arrows: move around, use up arrow to jump 2nd: shoot (once you got the weapon behind the cliff left to your ship), use 2nd also to save your game and use elevators ON: exit the game The save stations actually look a bit like the top of your ship so you might recognize them. Use them to (duh) save your game and restore your health. ==== MISC ==== -Be careful, there is lot of missing maps, you might get an ERR:UNDEFINED -There is a energy tank hidden somewhere... might be useful because I made Kraid freakin' hard in this demo -There is also a missile tank but it wont do anything since there's no missiles -Game create prgmZTEMP, just ignore it, it's not a bug. :) ======= CREDITS ======= -Michael Vincent for Omnicalc ---it pwnz!!! :) -tr1p1ea for xLIB -Justin Whales for CODEX -Andree Chea for zCopy -Kevtiva Interactive for Flash Gordon and Zpic -me :) -Nintendo because Metroid pwnz and it inspired me in making this demo -All support at EPS, MaxCoderz, Z80 Revelation, CalcHaven, The TI Calculator Forums and Forum TI -Everyone who gave me sprite ideas -and anyone I forgot =========== DISCLAIMERS =========== -You can do whatever you want with this game, but if you want to use code of it in your games please give me some credits and I'll not hold responsible for any calculator damages, physical harm, psychologic traumatism due to the impressive game speed for BASIC, seizures caused by flashes during Kraid fight and all that stuff.