Circuits 6.1 / Bode 1.1 2018-04-08 This is a program capable of solving RLC circuits and Transfer functions/ Bode plots. If you find any bugs, send an e-mail to me (yago.t.mello@gmail.com). First use: 1- Place the files (circuits, specfunc and utils) in mylib folder 2- Refresh your libraries (Doc + 6). To run circuits: 3- Press the book symbol (below del) 4- Press 6 5- Open circuits folder and click on nod5 6- Run nod5 without ANY arguments 7- You should describe yout circuit branch by branch. The program uses SI units. 8- You can add as many components as you want in a branch (source, resistor, capacitor, inductor, ...), and as many branches as you want in a node. 9- Every node has a number, 0 is GND. DO NOT SKIP NODES (eg. leave node 2 empty while using node 3). 10-When you are done adding branches, press esc in the Node A selection to run the program. If you press esc in other part, the program will quit and no calculation will be done, 11-Select which nodes you want to return to time domain. [a]ll, [s]ome or [n]one. 12-The program will display the time domain result, and return Circuit_t and Circuit_s matrices. The matrices dim. are x 1. The first line (a11) is node 1, the second (a21) is node 2, ... 13-The _s stands for s domain. _t stands for time domain. 14-The program will automatically store results in new matrices every time it finishes successfully. 15-To free a name simply delete the variable (delvar name). Both circuit_t and circuit_s should be deleted. Example of a simple charging RC circuit: ______/\ /\ /\____ <== Node 1 ___|___ \/ \/ __|__ vs ___ r -------- c |______________| _|_ -- gnd 1- Run nod5() 2- describing the upper branch from node 1 to gnd Node A = 1 Node B = 0 Voltage source = vs Current source = 0 Resistance = r Capacitance = 0 Ind. = 0 3- press enter (x2) 4- describing the left branch, from node 1 to gnd Node A = 1 Node B = 0 Voltage source = 0 Current source = 0 Resistance = 0 Capacitance c V0 cap. = 0 Ind = 0 5- press enter (x2) 6- press esc 7- press enter (x2) 9- the matrix shown is the voltage on node 1 10- you can access this matrix in the Var menu, it's name is circuit01_t. To run bode: 3- Press the book symbol (below del) 4- Press 6 5- Open circuits folder and click on bode 6- Run bode without ANY arguments 7- Press Var and select circuit<>_tf or bode<>_mag or bode<>_pha 8- To make your bode plot, first do bode<>_mag[<>,<>], then g(w):=Ans. Go to ploting window, and put g(10^x). Your graph will be a bode plot with the X axis being the power of 10 of the frequency. The Y axis will be in dB. 9- Press Menu -> 4 -> 1 and set xmin to 0, adjust the axis to fit your needs. FAQ: Q: Can it solve nonlinear circuits? A: No. Still working on it. Q: How many nodes can I insert? A: I don't know, probably a lot. Q: Does it accept sin, cos, polynomials, ...? A: Yes. The variable must be t ( eg. A*sin(30*t) ) Q: Can I use a variable instead of a number? A: Yes.